March 25-28 | San Diego, CA
Immerse Yourself in the Business and Best Practices of Health Care
The only constant in the world of health care right now is change. Did you know:*
- By 2024, orphan drugs are expected to capture one-fifth of the worldwide prescription sales.
- For specialty drugs, there are 64 patent expirations through 2022 which could be a potential $25 billion savings opportunity.
- When considering biosimilar drugs, there are 71 patent expirations through 2022 which could be a potential $54.4 billion savings opportunity.
- The use of generic drugs has saved the US healthcare system $1.6 trillion in the past decade and $265 billion in 2017 alone.
- As of September 2018, 284 drug labels recommended pharmacogenetics information compared to 58 in March of 2009.
- From 2016 to 2017, the pharmacy benefit cancer drug spend grew by 12% and the medical benefit drug spend grew by 14%.
*As presented at previous AMCP meetings
These are just a drop in the ocean of facts and forces shaping our field…
Ride the Waves of Change with Colleagues and Contacts
To keep up with these changes, you can’t miss the 2019 AMCP Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy Annual Meeting. It’s the one event that brings together managed care professionals:
- Biopharmaceutical company representatives
- Schools of pharmacy faculty and student pharmacists
Join us to address the biggest challenges facing the health care market. Plus, you will find Annual Meeting 2019 in one of America’s most beautiful cities: sunny San Diego. You don't want to miss it!