ONLY FOUR (4) SYMPOSIA SPOTS LEFT!
AMCP invites proposals for fully funded satellite symposia to be presented in conjunction with AMCP Nexus 2019, which will be held October 29-November 1, 2019, at the Gaylord National Hotel & Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland. Although AMCP does not guarantee attendance, history indicates that approximately 50-150 pharmacists and other health care professionals attend these continuing education activities. Topics that are broad in appeal, applicable to managed care, and timely are likely to attract the largest attendance.
AMCP Nexus 2019 is expected to attract approximately 3,000 managed care pharmacists and other health care professionals seeking to increase their knowledge of the management and coordination of clinical, pharmacy benefit, and pharmacy care programs. These managed care professionals are interested in health care information and issues viewed from a population perspective, rather than at the patient–practitioner level.
Benefits of Conducting a Satellite Symposia
All accepted satellite symposia will be assigned to a room in the Gaylord National Hotel & Convention Center during times that do not conflict with AMCP’s education session activities and exhibits. AMCP promotes all satellite symposia to registered conference attendees and potential registrants.
Your symposium will have:
- NEW | Two (2) session trackers included in the satellite symposium fee (The satellite contact is responsible for picking up the (2) devices the day of if you have an evening slot, or the day prior to if you have a morning slot, at the registration before 5:00 pm).
- NEW | Satellite symposia can invite locals with no registration required to attend AMCP Nexus 2019.
Promotion to all registered conference attendees via the following promotions:
- Featured one-time in the Attendee Newsletter emailed to all registered conference attendees four (4) weeks leading up to the conference (one each week).
- Featured one-time in AMCP’s Daily Dose: AMCP’s members automatically receive the exclusive members-only Daily Dose delivered via email each weekday morning.
- AMCP’s social media outlets (e.g., Facebook, Instagram and Twitter).
- Specific program listing on the AMCP Nexus 2019 website, with a link to your event registration page.
- Listing in the Program and Event Guide distributed to all registered conference attendees.
- Listing in the AMCP Nexus 2019 App.
Additional Promotional Opportunities
- Follow up with AMCP Nexus attendees with an AMCP pre- or post-conference registration mailing list rental. The AMCP pre- and post-conference lists include name, company, title and mailing address. The pre-conference list, available September 19, contains approximately 1,800 names. The post-conference list contains approximately 3,000 pharmacists and pharmacy professionals who attended AMCP Nexus 2019. Engage your best prospects from National Harbor. AMCP’s post-convention list give you the ability to reach your target market by job title, company, or region. The renting organization must be an official conference participant (exhibitor, sponsor, satellite, theater or industry workshop provider). AMCP corporate members (or their third-party representatives) receive a substantial discount off rental rates. Rental lists are provided for direct mail purposes only; emails and phone numbers are not included. The list is limited to one-time use and a sample piece must be approved by AMCP in advance. Payments must be received before the list is provided. To order, simply complete the Request Form and Agreement at the link provided below. Request Form and Agreement . Note: AMCP is the only organization authorized to sell our list or who has access to the list to sell. There are several groups that are fraudulently selling our list claiming to have the official list or misrepresenting themselves as agents of AMCP. A clear indicator that they are fraudulent is the registration counts are not valid or they do not have a valid website. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact AMCP. Questions? Contact Laura Larson, Assistant Director of National Meetings Sales at email@example.com.
- Tote Bag Inserts: A limited number of tote bag inserts given to all attendees at registration are permitted for $5,500. The tote bag inserts are intended for promotion of the satellite symposium activity only. For more information, contact Laura Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AMCP Membership Lists (these are available in advance of the preregistration list and used to supplement any subsequent pre-registration list mailing) direct Inquiries to email@example.com.
- Door Drops: Companies that are participating in the Exchange, conducting an AMCP-sanctioned Satellite Symposium, or sponsoring an event in conjunction with AMCP Nexus are eligible to conduct a door drop to promote your event. To do so, your company must forward a sample of the material to AMCP for approval. If approved, AMCP will provide an authorization memo including the specific hotel contact information for making door drop arrangements. AMCP’s door drop fee is $1,000 for each drop and does not include hotel fees. AMCP-contracted hotels will require a copy of the approval memo from AMCP in order to process arrangements for the door drop. Pricing for the distribution range from $1.50-$5.00 per piece/per door. Final cost is determined by the individual hotel property and those billing arrangements must be made directly between the company and the hotel.
NOTE: Journals/Magazine issues and supplements are not permitted. Apply for a Door Drop. Contact Julian Greer, Senior Manager, Meetings and Forums at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding door drops.
- Advertise in the Program and Event Guide: (All ad pricing represents 4-color ad copy)
- Full Page | Inside Front Cover | Corporate Member $5,00
- Full Page | Inside Back Cover | Corporate Member $4,500
- Tab Page | $5,000
- Full Page | Corporate Member $4,000
- Half Page | Corporate Member $3,000
- Full Page | Non-Corporate Member $4,200
- Half Page | Non-Corporate Member $3,200
Please note: to advertise in the Program and Event Guide you must be an exhibitor, sponsor, or affiliated with an approved AMCP Nexus 2019 event. For more information, contact Laura Larson at email@example.com.
How to Apply
The Satellite Symposia Contract Application must be completed in its entirety online by following the submission checklist on this web page and by paying one-hundred percent (100%) of the satellite symposium fee of $17,500. If said Contract Application is accepted by AMCP, it shall become binding upon both AMCP and the medical education company with respect to the assigned time slot and the use thereof and all other matters included in the online Satellite Symposia Guidelines webpage. Any point not specifically covered in these rules is subject to the decision of AMCP, whose decision shall be final. Please email proof of funding to Maria Miranda at firstname.lastname@example.org after online application and payment is submitted.
Note: Slot assignment confirmations will not be given until all 14 slots are filled. For details please refer to the “Time Slot Criteria and Associated Fees” on this webpage.
Time Slot Criteria and Associated Fees
Please rank your top three (3) time slots on the online application. AMCP will make every effort possible to not schedule like topics at the same time.
- Satellite Symposia slot assignments will be made based on order of application receipt, slot availability and content after all 14 slots are filled.
- Content of proposed program. If another organization has proposed a very similar topic for the same date and time slot, the second application will be assigned their alternate date and time slot selections.
Satellite Symposia Requirements
- Only fully funded live satellite symposia activities will be considered. Written funding confirmation (e.g., letter of agreement or email confirmation) and 100% symposia fee must be paid online at the same time as the application is submitted by emailing to Maria Miranda at email@example.com.
- The live satellite symposium activity must offer continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit through an approved provider accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE). It is the responsibility of the planning and/or medical education company to arrange for an ACPE-accredited provider to serve as the provider for the education activity. Symposia also may (and are encouraged to) offer continuing education credit for physicians and nurses. AMCP will not assume responsibility for the development, planning or providing continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for non-commercial industry-supported symposia.
- AMCP reserves the right to change the dates and times of accepted symposia.
- Satellite symposia may not charge a separate registration fee (i.e., a fee over and above the registration fee paid to attend the AMCP Nexus 2019).
- All speakers and moderators for non-commercial industry supported events must be registered for AMCP Nexus 2019. They must be wearing their AMCP Nexus 2019 conference badges to be admitted to their assigned room at the convention center. The planning and/or medical education company coordinating the non-commercial industry supported event is responsible for ensuring all speakers and moderators are registered in advance of the session. A one-day conference registration rate is available. The planning and/or medical education company staff members who are staffing the activity are not required to be registered for AMCP Nexus 2019.
- Attendee check-in, audiovisual equipment, in addition to the basic room set and ordering and payment for catering are the responsibility of the planning and/or medical education company conducting the satellite symposium. Freeman is the exclusive provider of Audio-Visual set-ups and catering must be arranged directly through the Gaylord National Hotel & Convention Center after your slot has been confirmed.
- All promotional materials such as door drops, tote bag inserts, brochures, signage, App listings, online invitations, publications print/online, website banners, advertisements in other publications, or emails must be reviewed and approved by AMCP before being published or disseminated. There will be a 48-hour turnaround time for this process. Please factor this requirement into your production timeline.
Satellite Symposia Selection Criteria
- Clarity and completeness. Applications should be written in a manner that clearly, concisely, and logically conveys the intended content. The description of the symposium should provide enough information to enable reviewers to envision the content and flow of the presentation. Note that all information requested on the Submission Checklist must be supplied.
- Relevance and appeal to managed care pharmacists. Satellite symposia should be relevant to the interests, programs, initiatives, or practices of pharmacists (and, if applicable, other health care practitioners) working in managed care environments or seeking to increase their knowledge of the management and coordination of clinical, pharmacy benefit, and pharmacy care programs. Topics that are broad in appeal, applicable to managed care, and timely are likely to attract the largest attendance.
- Originality of subject matter. Satellite symposia should highlight real-world examples of innovations in managed care and/or include information of interest to physicians and nurses as well as pharmacists.
- Balance/no commercial bias. Satellite symposia must provide for in-depth presentation with fair and full disclosure and equitable balance. Satellite symposia may not endorse a specific commercial drug, product, or service. Applications written in a manner that appears to promote a specific drug, product, pharmaceutical manufacturer, or commercial service will not be considered.
Fee Refund Policy for Cancellation by the Satellite Symposium
Cancellation by a medical education company must be submitted in writing to Maria Miranda at firstname.lastname@example.org. Medical Education Companies canceling a symposium are eligible for a refund, as follows:
- Cancellation before August 15, 2019: 50% refund of total symposia fee.
- Cancellation after August 15, 2019: AMCP will retain the full price of symposia fee as liquidated damages.
Note: Any fees remitted to AMCP for symposia cancellation may not be forwarded nor transferred to another national meeting, attendee registration, or any other purpose.
Enduring Activity Option
AMCP offers the following option for repurposing your satellite symposium as a supplement to the Journal of Managed Care & Specialty Pharmacy (JMCP), which reaches 27,000 medical directors and pharmacy directors of health plans, PBMs, HMOs, and large health systems. Supplements may be online only or online + print (accompanying an issue of JMCP). Complete information about JMCP supplements – can be found by visiting http://www.jmcp.org/.
Satellite Symposium Application Submission Checklist
- Desired time slot (date/time)—indicate first, second, and third choices. (Date and time assignments based on order of application receipt, slot availability and content. If another organization has proposed the same or very similar topic for the same date and time slot, the second application will be assigned one of their alternate choices. AMCP will make every effort possible to not schedule like topics at the same time.
- Satellite Symposium fee is due with application along with proof of grant funding (grant funding emailed on separate cover to Maria Miranda at email@example.com).
- Satellite symposium title—should appear in upper case and lower-case letters (using traditional capitalizing) and must reflect the actual content of the presentation.
- Program description —comprehensive summary of the content and flow of the symposium (maximum 350 words).
- Learning objectives— include at least three specific, measurable learning objectives that define intended outcomes for the audience and complete the statement: “At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to….”
- Target audience—please specify whether the symposium is intended for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, physicians, nurses, etc.
- Name of ACPE-accredited provider that will award CPE credit for the symposium.
- Contact hours of CPE credit (or CEUs) to be awarded.
- Name of accredited providers of CME and CNE credit (if applicable).
- Source(s) of commercial grant support.
- Detailed program agenda (with time allotments).
- List of confirmed/invited faculty (e.g., full name, academic degrees, job title, work affiliation/company, city and State).
- Biographical sketch—one paragraph summarizing the qualifications of each confirmed/invited faculty member. Please do not submit complete CVs
- Who will be the primary contact and program manager for the activity.
Room Set-up and Size
AMCP has final discretion on all room sets. The room set cannot be changed. NEW | Satellite Symposia rooms will be set in crescent rounds style for approximately 150 participants.
Satellite Symposia Signage and Rules
Three (3) signs allowed ONLY:
- One (1) professionally produced sign, may be displayed outside your assigned room.
- One (1) professionally produced directional sign in the hall leading to the symposium activity site.
- One (1) professionally produced sign, to be displayed on a marquee board at registration area. This sign may not exceed 22” X 28”.
Signs can be placed for the 6:00 am satellites at noon the day prior. Signs for the 6:00 pm satellites can be placed at 8:00 am the day of their evening symposium activity.
- Satellite symposia managers must remove signage immediately following their activity. AMCP will provide easels for signage display in your assigned symposium room.
- Posting additional signage elsewhere in the Gaylord National Hotel & Convention Center is prohibited and will be removed by an AMCP staff member.
- Human-directional solicitation is prohibited in the pre-function areas prior to the start of your satellite symposium activity or during the conference.
Satellite Symposia Food & Beverage
All satellite symposia are encouraged to provide a food function; however, it is not required. Please contact the Gaylord National Hotel & Convention Center catering contact listed below to arrange your food & beverage needs. You will have access to your assigned room one hour before your scheduled symposium. Please be aware that your symposium, including the food & beverage function may not exceed the scheduled time frames.
Please note: Catering is not permitted in the session room.
Catering Contact Information
Senior Event Manager, Catering
Gaylord National Hotel & Convention Center
Tel: (301) 965-2401
Food functions cannot start before the scheduled event (i.e., before 11:00 am or 6:00 pm on Tuesday, October 29, before 6:00 am or 6:30 pm on Wednesday, October 30, before 6:00 am or 6:00 pm on Thursday, October 31 and before 6:00 am on Friday, November 1). Please conclude your symposium at your confirmed time slot (times noted on confirmation letter) and make sure to remove all materials and signage for the room to be clean and prepared for the next program. You will need to identify your symposium name and room number when contacting catering, and all expenses related to catering will be the responsibility of the symposium host.
*Please do not contact the catering department at the Gaylord National Hotel & Convention Center regarding your room assignment. Rooms are assigned by AMCP. Room assignments will be sent via email after the rooms are approved and confirmed.
Satellite Symposia Audio Visual
AMCP has contracted with Freeman Audio Visual as its exclusive supplier of all Audio-Visual services throughout the conference. Note that AMCP requires all symposia utilize its "standard AV room set” (LCD projector, screen, WIFI, podium mic) to maintain the consistency of quality and presentation throughout the conference. Expenses for AV ordered over and above the standard AV set are the sole responsibility of the planning and/or medical education company coordinating the industry supported satellite symposium and are not included in the satellite symposia fee that is paid to AMCP. Freeman Audio Visual contact information is listed below:
Audio Visual Contact Information
Freeman Audio Visual
Internet Fee For Webcast/Simulcast
If you elect to purchase a higher speed internet access to webcast your satellite symposium, you will be responsible for those additional internet charges from the venue.
Shipping of Satellite Symposia Materials
- The shipping of materials and storage are the sole responsibility of the planning and/or medical education company presenting the non-commercial industry supported symposium activity. First day, lunch and dinner satellites will ship their materials directly to their attention at the hotel. All other satellites will ship materials to the Gaylord through Freeman advance shipping (specific labels for satellites to be provided). Satellites will pick-up a wrist band at the registration desk to enter the Expo hall to pick-up materials during Expo open hours at the Freeman service desk (open hours are on Wednesday, October 30 from 4:30pm-6:30pm, and on Thursday, October 31 from 11:30am-2:45pm). Questions? Please contact Christine Hennessey | Freeman | Email: Christine.Hennessey@freemanco.com | Tel: 508-894-5067
Satellite Symposia Pre- Registration
If you elect to hold a separate pre-registration in addition to AMCP’s registration, symposium pre-registration arrangements are the responsibility of the planning and/or medical education company and must not charge an additional fee to the AMCP Nexus 2019 registrants. The activity listing and pre-registration link will be posted on the AMCP Nexus 2019 website, linking to the activity provider’s online pre-registration site. AMCP will also forward all inquiries the public may have regarding your satellite symposium to the designated contact manager for your organization.
AMCP Registration Desk Hours
Tuesday, October 29 | 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Wednesday, October 30 | 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
Thursday, October 31 | 7:30 am – 5:45 pm
Friday, November 1 | Not Opened
Questions | Maria Miranda | Senior Education Coordinator | 703- 684-2644 | firstname.lastname@example.org